Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VUB-RECOIL Home

VUB-RECOIL  October 2002

VUB-RECOIL October 2002

Re: problems on AWG18

"Yury G. Kolomensky" <[log in to unmask]>

31 Oct 2002 11:01:14 -0800Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:01:14 -0800

text/plain

ROOT should have no problem reading or writing files as long as they
are less than 2 GB. Making a few large files has many benefits --
fewer system calls, fewer parallel jobs --> better CPU/wallclock
ratio. Larger files can also be directly backed up in mstore -- which
you probably want to do at some point.

If you are going to run a skim job to produce large files -- I would
again encourage you to convert your trees to non-split mode. I see
that you now have 114 branches. This is very bad for I/O if your
typical job reads most of them for every event.

							Yury