ATLAS-SCCS-PLANNING-L September 2009

FW: [Usatlas-grid-l] ATLAS User Analysis Test (UAT) in Oct., 2009

Wei Yang <[log in to unmask]>

28 Sep 2009 10:33:14 -0700Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:33:14 -0700

text/plain

------ Forwarded Message
From: Michael Ernst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:20:09 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Usatlas-grid-l] ATLAS User Analysis Test (UAT) in Oct., 2009

Dear Colleagues,
 Please take note that there is an important ATLAS computing exercise
coming up in the second half of October. ATLAS computing coordination is
in the process of organizing a large scale worldwide end user analysis
test engaging as many users as possible to run their analysis code on
several hundred million events we have produced in the U.S. over the
course of the summer. Important to note is that the test is intended be
an end-to-end exercise and the replication of datasets produced on the
grid to end user work stations and Tier-3 centers as far as they exist
is an integral part.

This exercise will be an important indicator as to the readiness of our
distributed facility for analysis operation, challenging in particular
for the Tier-2 centers. We will be using the time until the start of the
test to get our resources and operations prepared as best as possible.
Forums like our weekly computing meeting on Wednesday and the ones
devoted to specific topics like Data Management will be used to
coordinate the preparatory work and to address specific questions you
may have. Please make sure you can attend these meetings.

Best regards,
Michael