Font:

LISTSERV Archives

HPS-SOFTWARE Home

HPS-SOFTWARE  September 2012

HPS-SOFTWARE September 2012

Re: Simulation chain and stereo hits

"Hansson Adrian, Per Ola" <[log in to unmask]>

Software for the Heavy Photon Search Experiment <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:54:48 -0700

Hi All,

with Omar's help I was able to track this down to simply being a problem with the "filtering" of MC bunches. The nr of empty bunches inserted was defaulted to zero and thus all triggers were stacked with 2ns spacing.

When filtering with 250 bunches I get a more reasonable nr of hits.

The issue with many strip clusters being converted to the same HelicalTrackStrip position was not a problem, what I was checking was the origin (for some reason!) and if I compared the measured strip position ("umeas") I see that they are indeed different. My bad.

I should note that there are currently two procedures to run readout simulation of the SVT. After checking I don't think it matters which one I run for this (looks similar) but we should make sure that there is one default for people that are not studying this. We should make sure that it is the one in the steering files that is used for our confluence instructions. Sho and Omar should decide based on expert knowledge of this and either change or keep things as is. I'll stay with what is there now (SimpleSvtReadout) but please send out email if I should change and rerun.

I also learned from Omar that currently we are not using the calibration from data. I suggest that Omar updates this so that we all use the best known calibrations. If it breaks something we can deal with it (just send out a warning email).

Cheers,

	Pelle