]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK Home

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK  December 2012

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK December 2012

Re: Effective field theories for Snowmass gauge coupling studies

Michael Rauch <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-electroweak Snowmass 2013 Electroweak study group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:28:28 +0100

text/plain

Dear Shih-Chieh,

the message from the plot I have shown should be more to be careful. It
might turn out in the end that for the actual analysis no formfactor
might be needed, because unitarity violation happens in a region where
there are practically no events, or is even beyond the center-of-mass
energy.
However, this does not happen automatically by the formulation of the
theory, but needs to be checked explicitly.

Also, the example in my plot is a dimension-8 operator (T1, the
definition is e.g. in Oscar's talk, p. 12) in contrast to the
dimension-6 operators Celine has shown in her talk.

Celine, I'll have a detailed look at your conventions and write up our
results in the same notation. At first glance, everything looks very
similar if not identical, so this should not be too difficult.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Rauch                         Phone: +49 721 608 47028
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik     Fax:   +49 721 608 43582