LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-TOP Home

SNOWMASS-TOP  January 2013

SNOWMASS-TOP January 2013

MC samples for high- pT top studies

Sergei Chekanov <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-top Snowmass 2013 Top Quark study group <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:39:10 -0600

text/plain

  Dear all,

  I was asked to send  a list of MCs  after the fast detector simulation
(Delphes 2.0.3)  for  our high-pT top-quark studies. The events were
generated using the ATLAS geometry for  pp collisions at sqrt(s)=14 TeV.
No pile-ups.

  1) Fully inclusive QCD events (without top quarks) with at least one
antiKT6 jet above pT>650 GeV.  The samples correspond to ~800k events
(roughly 9.6 fb-1)

     a) PYTHIA8 (the default tuning)
        Includes all major QCD processes (but top quarks):
        HardQCD:all = on
        WeakSingleBoson:all = on
        WeakDoubleBoson:all = on
        WeakBosonAndParton:all = on
        PromptPhoton:all = on

     b) HERWIG++ 2.6.1.
        All QCD but tops,  &  similar statistics (~800k events).
       The total size of the ROOT files are ~80GB per sample

  2) ttbar production, all decay channels. 415k events for each MC:

     a) PYTHIA8 with the processes:
       Top:gg2ttbar = on
       Top:qqbar2ttbar=on

     b) HERWIG++ 2.6.1 (all SM ttbar processes).

   As for the inclusive QCD sample, events were preselected with
pT(jet)>650 GeV.

  I can post this info  on the wiki. The samples have the truth
information & detector-level information.  I know about   one feature of
the samples - the b-tagging is not realistic, but the rest looked OK.
The b-tagging can be redone offline.
The samples were  used for one of our papers
http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.5810

  best, Sergei

         Sergei Chekanov            | https://www.hep.anl.gov/chakanau/
         ===============            | Email: [log in to unmask]
        HEP Division, ANL           | Tel  : +01-630-252 6541
  9700 S.Cass,Argonne,IL 60439,USA  | Fax  : +01-630-252-5782