]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-EF Home

SNOWMASS-EF  February 2013

SNOWMASS-EF February 2013

preliminary schedule for the Brookhaven meeting - please respond!

"Peskin, Michael E." <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-ef Snowmass 2013 Energy Frontier conveners <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:00:52 -0800

text/plain

Dear Colleagues,

In this message, I present a preliminary schedule for the
Brookhaven Energy Frontier meeting.  Chip and I would very
much appreciate it if the working group conveners would
respond to this as soon as possible so that Sally Dawson
can post a schedule on the meeting web page.

I hope that you will see that the plan below has a certain
logic. Chip and I have tried to address all of your requests.
However, you will see that we overestimated the time available
and that the program is very heavily scheduled.   If you would
like more time open, you can recommend eliminating some of the
sessions you asked for.

The Higgs and New Physics groups are scheduled up for all sessions, so we
set aside rooms where they can go and discuss during the lunch hour.  If the
other groups would like a specific room set aside for discussions at any free
time, they should let me know. There is also time for the groups QCD, EW, Top,
and Flavor to schedule additional topical sessions if they wish.

Thank you very much!

Michael

As background: throughout W Th F, we will have the following rooms available:

In Berkner, where the cafeteria is:    (room / capacity)

   Auditorium     476
   Room A          50
   Room B          65
   Room C          23
   Room D          17

In the Physics Department

   Auditorium    140
   Lobby   (space to hang out, discuss, work)    400

It is about a 10 minute walk between Berkner and the Physics Department.
I am trying to schedule the formal program in Berkner as much as possible.
Working groups that would like to meet privately or take a retreat can go
to the Physics department.  Coffee will be available in both places.

Here is the proposed schedule:

Wednesday, April 3

Introductory Session  - ( Auditorium )

09:00 BNL welcome 20'
09:20 Why are we here? (intro and list of future facilities) 45'  -- Chip Brock (MSU)
10:05  Coffee 30'
10:35 Physics Vision 40' + 5' --  Michael Dine (UCSC)
11:20 Simulation Frameworks 40' +  20 Q&A

12:20 - 2:00   Lunch

2 - 3:45
Working Groups

a. Benchmark models   (NP, Top, Higgs, EW)    (Auditorium)

Working Groups   4:05 - 6

a. Simplified SUSY, Dark Matter (NP)         (Auditorium)

b. Joint issues for Higgs and Electroweak  (Higgs, EW)   (Room B)

c.  PDFs  (QCD)    (Room A)

6:   depart for dinner at the Aquarium

Thursday, April 4

Working Groups 9 - 10:30

a.  Top Quark couplings - theory and overview  (NP, Top)    (Auditorium)

b.  NLO EW + QCD   (QCD, EW)     (Room A)

c.  Extended Higgs sector     (NP, Higgs)

Working Groups   10:50 - 12:30

a.  Top Quark couplings - measurements  (Top)     (Room B)

b.  Joint New Particles/ Flavor  (NP, Flavor)   (Auditorium)

c.  Higgs spin  (Higgs)       (Room C)

d.  QCD Multijet analysis   (QCD)    (Room A)

12:30 - 2:00  Lunch
     Room A reserved for Higgs group discussion
     Room B reserved for New Physics group discussion

Working Groups    2 - 4

a.  Higgs couplings - theory  (Higgs)   (Auditorium)

b.  Top quark mass (Top, QCD)    (Room A)

c.  Vector Boson couplings and VV scattering (EW)       (Room C)

d.  UED, compressed spectra, long lived particles, RVP, etc.  (NP)   (Room B)

4:20 - 5:30 Panel Discussion   (Auditorium)

  topic :  "What if [ your favorite anomaly here ] would be confirmed ?"

5:30 -     Wine and Cheese Reception in the Physics Department

Friday, April 5

Working Groups    9- 10:30

a.  Electroweak Precision Measurements and Implications (EW, Higgs, NP)    (Auditorium)

Working Groups   10:50 - 12:30

a.  New Physics at Lepton Colliders (NP, Higgs)   (Auditorium)

b.  Higgs cross section calculation at hadron colliders (Higgs, QCD)   (Room B)

12:30 - 2:00  Lunch
     Room A reserved for Higgs group discussion
     Room B reserved for New Physics group discussion

Working Groups    2 - 4

a.  Higgs coupling measurements (Higgs)    (Auditorium)

b.  New Physics Searches involving Top   (NP, Top)    (Room B)

Working Groups  4:20 - 6:00

a.  Higgs coupling measurements (Higgs)   (Auditorium)

Michael Peskin will give a physics colloquium at BNL on Energy Frontier
and the current situation of physics beyond the Standard Model.  This
is scheduled in conflict with the conference program, at 4:00 pm
Friday.

Saturday, April 6     (Auditorium)

9:00 - 10:30     Summary talks:   Higgs, Electroweak, Top

10:30 - 10:50   coffee

10:50 - 12:20    Summary talks:   QCD,  New Phenomena,  Flavor

12:30     Farewell and exhortation   -- Michael Peskin

  Michael E. Peskin                           [log in to unmask]
  HEP Theory Group, MS 81                       -------
  SLAC National Accelerator Lab.        phone: 1-(650)-926-3250
  2575 Sand Hill Road                       fax:     1-(650)-926-2525
  Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA              www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/