]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

QSERV-L Home

QSERV-L  April 2013

QSERV-L April 2013

Some important points about Qserv, and the integration of our work.

Fabrice Jammes <[log in to unmask]>

General discussion for qserv (LSST prototype baseline catalog)

Thu, 4 Apr 2013 17:24:06 +0200

text/plain

Hello Daniel, Douglas and Jacek,

We've got several questions for you :

Automatic install :
-------------------

We used intensively this install procedure à LPC for installing on
pre-production cluster and while developing in branch #2014 and it is
working fine.

We've add a look at the last Qserv releases :

- qserv-0.3.0rc6.1.tar.gz : was done the 27 Nov 2012, before we came at
SLAC, that's why the code related to automatic install isn't in this
package.

- qserv-0.4.0.tar.gz doesn't contains the complete automated install
procedure (for example : admin/bootstrap isn't in this directory)

That's why we thinks it would be a good idea to make a release
containing the full automated install procedure.

In order to do that, the commit 98e3b5e1afac03a91b1f7ca3acdd09326435374a
of ticket #2511 contains a valid install procedure as this version runs
on several nodes with PT1.1 objects.
And we think that the commit 8110ed9df7ce3ac872fd4e9e1c11d0f67ad55d0b of
the master branch, which was the one done at the merge of #2511 ticket,
contains the valid install procedure. Do you want us to fully test this
again this in order to make a new qserv release containing this
automated install procedure ? Or shall we wait in order to make a
release containing also #2014 test procedure ?

Futhermore it seems serv-0.3.0rc6.1.tar.gz and qserv-0.4.0.tar.gz are
not tagged in git repository. So we can't determine from with
commit/branch they were produced.

Mono-node support :
-------------------

- Is mono-node supported by current master branch ? If no, thanks to
make it works because, as asked by Jacek, ticket #2014 was implemented
for mono-node only. Mono-node support is a pre-requisite so that we can
merge the #2014 ticket.

New mysqld-based export path support :
--------------------------------------

This functionnality is very usefull, thanks for implementing this.
Nevertheless, our automated install procedure needs to be adapted in
order to support it.

--
Thanks to your help, we've :

1. launched this command against MySQL mono-node :

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS qservw_worker;
GRANT ALL ON qservw_worker.* TO 'qsmaster'@'localhost';
CREATE TABLE qservw_worker.Dbs (
   `db` char(200) NOT NULL
)
INSERT INTO qservw_worker.Dbs VALUES('LSST');
--

2. Changed worker/src/Config.cc w.r.t.
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/ticket/2786

3. Added next option to xrootd/cmsd launcher :
-n worker
--

But i've still got this message in xrootd.log :
--
QservOss Init
No databases found to export.
Valid paths:
QservOss (Qserv Oss for server cmsd) "worker"
Config effective /opt/qserv-dev/etc/lsp.cf ofs configuration:
        ofs.role server
        ofs.maxdelay   60
        ofs.osslib libqserv_workerCmsd.so
        ofs.persist    manual hold 600 logdir
/opt/qserv-dev/tmp/worker/.ofs/posc.log
        ofs.trace      0
------ File system server initialization completed.
No XRDLCLROOT set. Bug in xrootd?
No databases found to export.
--

And in cmsd failed to start and produce next cmsd.log :
--
130404 17:06:51 001 Scalla is starting. . .
Copr.  2010 Stanford University, xrd version v20110502-59ed4ad_dbg
++++++ cmsd [log in to unmask] initialization started.
Config using configuration file /opt/qserv-dev/etc/lsp.cf
=====> all.adminpath /opt/qserv-dev/tmp
=====> xrd.port 1094
=====> xrd.network nodnr
Config maximum number of connections restricted to 4096
Copr.  2007 Stanford University/SLAC cmsd.
++++++ [log in to unmask] phase 1 initialization started.
=====> all.role server
=====> ofs.osslib libqserv_workerCmsd.so
=====> oss.localroot /opt/qserv-dev/xrootd-run
=====> cms.space linger 0 recalc 15 min 10m 11m
=====> all.pidpath /opt/qserv-dev/var/run
=====> all.adminpath /opt/qserv-dev/tmp
=====> all.export /q/ nolock
=====> all.export /result/ nolock
------ [log in to unmask] phase 1 server initialization
completed.
++++++ [log in to unmask] phase 2 server initialization
started.
130404 17:06:51 001 oss_getPlugin: Unable to open libqserv_workerCmsd.so
libqserv_workerCmsd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
------ [log in to unmask] phase 2 server initialization
failed.
130404 17:06:51 001 XrdProtocol: Protocol cmsd could not be loaded
------ cmsd [log in to unmask]:1094 initialization failed.
--

Could we have some more elements to make it works.
A full install procedure for this feature, at least for mono-node

Continuous integration :
------------------------

We think that having a continuous integration server which would launch
the automated install procedure and the data tests could be a good
solution to improve collaborative work and the quality of the software.

Do you thinks we could make this work after the #2014 merge in master
branch ?

300 nodes à CC-IN2P3 :

Which release do you plan to install at CC-in2p3 ?
We propose to have a release with automated installation procedure and
with data test. This two feature would help a lot for installing the
cluster.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

The LPC team,