]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK Home

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK  April 2013

SNOWMASS-ELECTROWEAK April 2013

Re: question from the Capabilities group

Ashutosh Kotwal <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-electroweak Snowmass 2013 Electroweak study group <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:07:03 -0400

text/plain

hi Ayres,
		 I understand the question was about TeraZ.

I agree the physics answer to the question "how would we exploit TeraZ" is a hard one.

While we figure it out, I only offered a historical perspective - that 10 years ago I am pretty sure we also did not know how we would have Mtop, MW, alphaEM at the precision level we have now - yet here we are. I was just making the analogy that we did not throw away the high-precision  MZ measurement in the meantime…

so, can we interpret Michael's question as a challenge?

I am inspired by Eric Cornell's talk at the Instrumentation Frontier Snowmass workshop in Boulder today, where he showed how a number of teams are working to improve electron EDM by a factor of 100. He has already been working on it for 10 years. And he already has a Nobel prize…

regards,
Ashutosh