Help for KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE Archives

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE Archives

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE Archives

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE Home

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE Home

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE  May 2013

KPIX-BEAMTEST-SOFTWARE May 2013

Re: HepRep object creation

Dmitry Onoprienko <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of software development for the KPiX beamtest <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 May 2013 01:31:56 -0700

text/plain

Hello Kyle,

Please install the latest version of Jas 3 from
http://jas.freehep.org/jas3/Download.html
Recent versions of plugins, including KPiX, are not visible to the plugin
manager unless you have Jas 3.0.0 or later. Delete your ~/.jas3 directory
before installing Jas3 if you used earlier versions in the past.

The error message you quoted might be an indication of a corrupted data file
(or a change in data format) - if you still see it once you upgrade Jas3,
let me know what file you are looking at.

Couple things to keep in mind. Not all KPiX records can be visualized with
WIRED - only data records. When you open a data file in Jas3 and start
stepping through it (using the "next" button), first few records are going
to be xml configuration and status records, so you will see blank screen in
WIRED window. You might use kpix browser (File-New-KPiX Browser) to see what
type of record is currently loaded. The last record in a file is usually xml
as well, so if you process the whole file (by pressing "play"), you will see
an empty frame in WIRED.

Best Regards,
- Dmitry.