Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-EF Home

SNOWMASS-EF  June 2013

SNOWMASS-EF June 2013

Higgs summary for today's meeting

"Christopher G. Tully" <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-ef Snowmass 2013 Energy Frontier conveners <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Jun 2013 17:55:27 +0000

text/plain

Dear Snowmass conveners,
          For the Higgs committee, we can report that we expect finalized White Papers from:
ILC, CLIC, TLEP, and CMS for Seattle.
While we are not fully knowledgeable of what will be included in the final versions of these WP,
we are seeking confidential drafts to better understand areas where studies are lacking.
We do not anticipate having the White Paper input by the time of Seattle from:
Atlas, muon collider, and the gamma gamma collider
although we have the European strategy results for Atlas and the UCLA workshop summary for the
muon collider.  These WPs are expected later in summer.
The areas where we are unlikely to have completed the work by Seattle are in:
Heavy Higgs searches - in particular, we need  much more extensive discussion of this from the LHC
        - we will have some preliminary work on this - such as the closing of the wedge below 1 TeV
CP mixtures - the e+e- work is dated by 10 years and do not look completely consistent.  The LHC
        needs to extrapolate expectations - but the format of those studies is better understood.
The areas where we are likely to be mostly complete in Seattle are:
Coupling sensitivity comparisons - we believe the ILC/CLIC/TLEP issues will be ironed out.  CMS will
       have updated numbers, and we will we waiting for Atlas - but they may report some results in Seattle.
Mass and total width measurement precision comparisons - here we have precision estimate from the
       recoil mass methods, and the s-channel from muon collider.

Best,
Chris