Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-EF Home

SNOWMASS-EF  June 2013

SNOWMASS-EF June 2013

Re: EF Conveners, Thursday, June 13

Kaustubh Sadanand Agashe <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-ef Snowmass 2013 Energy Frontier conveners <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:12:23 +0000

text/plain

P.S. As part of discovery story # 2 (rare top decays) below, I forgot to mention during the phone meeting earlier today
(but it is written below) that an observation of t _> c Z at the level of 10^(-5) might suggest a (rough) mass scale for the heavy
new physics which is at the origin of this process, e.g., "several" TeV KK scale in warped extra dimension.

So, we can then search **directly** for such new particles: e.g., for warped models, it would go back to discovery stiory # 1, i.e.,
t tbar etc. resonances.

And, in particular, it implies KK gluon and Z decaying into top + charm (in addition to t tbar) at a certain rate...so, we will try to study this channel, as per Michael (Peskin)'s suggestion (which was actually made in the context of discovery story #1).

Kaustubh