LISTSERV Archives

ILC-BDS Home

ILC-BDS  April 2015

ILC-BDS April 2015

Re: Shortening the e+ BDS

"White, Glen" <[log in to unmask]>

ILC Beam Delivery System Working Group Discussions and Announcements <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 12 Apr 2015 20:17:29 +0000

text/plain

Dear Toshiyuki,

Thanks for your comments:
With regards to the upstream energy spectrometer: The requirements to have this system I think are well understood and nobody, as far as I am aware, is suggesting that we remove it.
For the energy collimator design with shorter length: the energy collimator also contains 6 quadrupole magnets, here I chose to keep the (shortened) bend magnets at their existing design fields and use the quadrupoles to keep the central design dispersion in addition to matching the beta functions.

Regards,

- Glen.