LISTSERV Archives

SNOWMASS-BSM Home

SNOWMASS-BSM  November 2016

SNOWMASS-BSM November 2016

MC4BSM 2017 - May 11-13, 2017 at SLAC

Stefan Hoeche <[log in to unmask]>

snowmass-bsm Snowmass 2013 New Particles and Interactions study group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:28:20 -0800

text/plain

Dear Colleague,

This is the first announcement of MC4BSM 2017, to be held at SLAC
National Accelerator Laboratory in Menlo Park, CA, USA on May 11-­13, 2017.

MC4BSM is a series of workshops bringing together theorists and
experimentalists with an interest in developing Monte Carlo programs to
simulate collider signatures of Beyond the Standard Model physics, and
in using such tools in phenomenological studies and in searches for new
physics at energy frontier colliders. Since 2006, ten workshops have
been held in this series, hosted in the USA, Switzerland, Denmark,
Germany, Korea and China. The focus of MC4BSM 2017 will be: 1) to report
new features and new developments of general-purpose Monte Carlo tools;
2) to discuss new directions in BSM model-building; 3) to discuss the
experimental needs from the LHC, from dark matter experiments, and from
physics studies of future colliders; 4) to offer tutorials to PhD
students, postdocs, and young faculty interested in using Monte Carlo
tools in their research.

For further information please refer to the workshop website, where you
can also find links to the previous editions of MC4BSM:

   http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/mc4bsm17/

MC4BSM 2017 will include a limited number of contributed talks. The
organizers encourage the submission of abstracts for 15-minute
presentations. In selecting the talks to be presented, we will give
priority to attendees who are in the early stages of their career.

We suggest participants to register and arrange for travel and
accommodation as early as possible, especially if they need to obtain a
Visa to enter the US. Since accommodation in the Silicon Valley can be
very expensive, we also suggest to timely book a room at the Stanford
guest house. We have a block reservation for participants to the
workshop that expires on Feb 24.

The workshop will be followed by an ATLAS Support Center Meeting on May
15-16. More information on this meeting can be found on the following
website:

   https://atlas.slac.stanford.edu/events/2017-mc4bsm-satellite-meeting

We look forward to your participation.

Sincerely,