Font:

LISTSERV Archives

NLCTA-USERS Home

NLCTA-USERS  December 2016

NLCTA-USERS December 2016

Changes to training

"Clarke, Christine" <[log in to unmask]>

Mailing list for Users of the NLCTA facility <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:54:39 +0000

text/plain

Hi all

There have been a few changes to training requirements for SLAC computing accounts and on-site access.

The FACET&TF webpages on coming to SLAC have been updated. However, both the SLAC training pages and the User Portal contain old information so please follow my instructions! Some possibly useful links are at the end of this email.

Changes in brief:
*The cyber security refresher course (which must be taken every year to maintain computing accounts) is now CS100 for non-employees (and CS200 for SLAC employees). People current in their cyber security training don't need to worry about taking the new course until their current training expires and then they need to take the correct course depending on whether they are a SLAC employee or not.
*Course 396 is no longer available (ESH for non-employees) and now both non-employees and employees take the same course- Course 219. This training expires every two years. When refreshing your training, take course 219R which will allow an immediate test-out option. People current in course 396 don't need to worry about taking course 219 until their course 396 training expires and then they need to take course 219R.

Feel free to contact the VUE center, me or your facility point of contact if you need clarification. It's always the best practice to contact me prior to arriving on site to check training status and share arrival plans anyway (often the PI will do this on behalf of the whole group). I will be able to let you know what courses you need to take.

Just to say it again- no one needs to suddenly take new training courses. These changes apply when you are "refreshing" your training on the usual cadence. There is no action due because of this email. Just file this email away until you need to refresh your training.

Links:
FACET&TF "Coming To SLAC" https://portal.slac.stanford.edu/sites/ard_public/facet/newnav/Pages/tf/users/Becoming-a-FACET-User.aspx
SLAC training page http://training.slac.stanford.edu/guide-learner.asp
VUE Center https://vue.slac.stanford.edu/vue-center