LISTSERV Archives

LSST-DESC-GRID Home

LSST-DESC-GRID  June 2019

LSST-DESC-GRID June 2019

Re: problems with LSST software tarball

Alessandra Forti <[log in to unmask]>

Use of GRID computing resources within the Dark Energy Science Collaboration <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Jun 2019 15:16:04 +0100

text/plain

Hi James,

Is there a reason why they can't mount it? Is it LAPP or CC?

I would recommend that you don't use the software as an input but you
download it explicitely from the job if you cannot find it in CVMFS.
And/or the tarball should be copied to the French site storage closest
to their nodes.

The tarball on our storage was being accessed by 1500 processes
concurrently on the same machine earlier today and I had already to
replicate 3 times the file to try to spread the load on others.  I'm
surprised you didn't have time outs.

cheers
alessandra

--
Respect is a rational process. \\//
For Ur-Fascism, disagreement is treason. (U. Eco)