HI Jeff

The bottom line is that code which is loaded through the system
CLASSPATH (set in jas.ini on windows or the jas exec on Unix) can not be
reloaded without restarting JAS, but code loaded through the JAS
Classpath (set in View, Options, Classpath) can be reloaded, by using
the Job, Unload All/Load functions. In fact code will automatically be
reloaded if you use the built in compiler to compile it.

Note that the system CLASSPATH is always tried first, so for things to
work as intended your analysis code must be in a directory which IS in
the JAS classpath, but IS NOT in the system CLASSPATH.

There is a long treatise on CLASSPATH's in JAS at:

http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/jas/documentation/usersguide/extensio
ns/default.shtml

Tony