							August 1, 2000

Dear Colleagues in High Energy Physics:

The 5th International e+e- Linear Collider Workshop on Physics and
Detectors will be held at Fermilab October 24 -28, 2000.  This workshop
continues the series of meetings previously held in Finland, Hawaii,
Japan, and most recently in Sitges, Spain (see:
http://physics.web.cern.ch/Physics/LCWS99/ and
http://www.desy.de/~lcnotes/sitges_proceedings.html).

The American high-energy physics community is now entering a period of
important discussions about its future, leading up to the Snowmass 2001
summer study.  The linear collider project is one of the leading
candidates for
a new major high-energy physics facility in the United States.  At the
same time, a linear collider is being studied as a future facility in
Europe and Japan.  The Linear Collider Workshop 2000 will bring together
the principal proponents of these projects and will broadly discuss the
technology and physics studies being done around the world.  We hope
this meeting will provide American high-energy physicists with a unique
opportunity to review the status and capabilities of the linear
collider.

Conference information, including the preliminary program, organization
of working groups, and information about travel and hotels, and a
registration form, can be found at:
 http://www-lc.fnal.gov/lcws2000

Background material on the linear collider projects and their physics
capabilities can be found at:
http://hepwww.physics.yale.edu/lc/ and
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/LC/

and in the recent report by the American Linear Collider Working Group:
hep-ex/0007022, which is available via one of the HEP pre-print servers.

We hope to see you at Fermilab in October.

					Sincerely,

 					Gene Fisk
for the Local Organizing Committee