To participants in the 2nd ECFA/DESY Study and other interested colleagues:

Dear friends,

The last full workshop of the present round will be held at DESY from 22
to 25 September (see provisional programme below).  Before then the
working groups are trying to get as much as possible of their draft
meterial for the TDR onto the web.  The main aim of the workshop is to get
the whole Study to agree what is going into the TDR.  The report back
sessions will therefore be longer than usual, with time for debate.

The parallel group sessions are asked to point out what is still missing,
to identify volunteers to fix it and to agree on the emphasis to be placed
on each part of the case.  They will also be asked to review the special
contributions which might come from gamma-gamma and gamma-e physics, from
e-e- and from positron polarisation. Individual contributions are only
encouraged if they are new and likely to contribute directly to the
TDR.

A useful thing for us all to do before the DESY workshop is to read the
American "White Paper", which covers much of the ground we want the TDR to
treat, and which gives good credit to our study.  It is at:
"http://sbhep1.physics.sunysb.edu/~grannis_bck/www/whitepaper.ps"  (It
takes a long time to download)

I look forward to seeing you all at DESY, after reading lots of text.

Yours ever

David

Provisional Programme for DESY workshop
***************************************

FRIDAY 22

13.30 Machine status, progress, questions to experimenters.
14.15 Report on Asian plans (Matsui?)
14.45 Charge to the groups (DJM)
15.15 Physics I parallel (Higgs, Top, Alternative)
16.30 tea
17.00 Physics I
19.30 Buffet (expo?)

SATURDAY 23

9.00  Physics I
10.45 coffee
11.15 Physics II parallel (SUSY, EW, QCD/GG)
12.30 Buffet lunch with 4 small group visits to TTF
14.30 Physics II
16.30 tea
18.45 end

SUNDAY 24

9.00  Detector+MDI/LoopVerein
12.30 Lunch
13.30 Detector+MDI
15.30 tea
16.00 Reports back and discussion of TDR decisions
           1.  Higgs
18.00 End
Evening     THE DINNER

MONDAY 25

9.00  Reports back etc.
          2. E-W
10.30 coffee
11.00     3. SUSY
13.00 Lunch
14.00     4.  Alternative Theories
14.30     5.  Top
15.00     6.  QCD/gg
15.30 Albrecht's Blessing.

| David J. Miller, Physics and Astronomy, UCL                      |
| http://home.cern.ch/m/millerdj/www/  Phone +44 7747 030 752      |