Dear Colleagues,

I attended the recent ACFA Linear Collider Working Group meeting in
Taipei.  Significant progress was reported on the detector design,
which is now changing, with the magnetic field increased to 3 T.  There
were also two interesting talks on the interaction region, by Tauchi and
by Varner (Hawaii).  The latter concerned the fabrication of pixel
detectors suitable for use as the pair monitor placed in front of the
final focus quads.

The whole set of transparencies from this meeting can be found at:

 http://hep1.phys.ntu.edu.tw/ACFA/agenda.html

I gave a 30 minute talk on `American activities'.  Thanks to those of you
who sent me material, and apologies to those people whose slides I had to
omit for lack of time.

I look forward to seeing you all at Fermilab in October.

                                   Best wishes,

                                         Michael