Hi Bob,

I am currently running Jas 2.2.1 with lcd.jar 1.2 on my linux laptop
without any problems, at least not those you experience.

Since lcd.jar 1.2 is is necessary that you explicitly select either the S2
or the L2 detector design in your driver's constructor with:
   Detector.setCurrentDetector(new Detector("S2"));
in your driver's constructor(!).
The appropriate (old) ini files are supplied with the same version of
lcd.jar which contains the new MCFast with full cov. track smearing.

The appropriate .ini-files are contained in lcd.jar.

Here an example from one of my programs:

import hep.analysis.*;
import hep.physics.*;
import hep.lcd.event.*;
import hep.lcd.mc.fast.*;
import hep.lcd.util.driver.*;
import hep.lcd.geometry.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;

final public class TrackVtxTest extends Driver
{
	public TrackVtxTest() throws IOException
	{
		// set the detector -- necessary for stdhep input
		Detector.setCurrentDetector(new Detector("S2"));

		// initialize MCFAst, select beamSpotConstraint
		add(new MCFast(MCFast.noBeamSpotConstraint));

                // add analysis
		add(new TrackVtxCheck()); // analysis routine
	}
}

class TrackVtxCheck extends AbstractProcessor
{
}

I have run that program about 5 min ago on a setup similar to yours.  Pay
attention that the detector is selected before calling the constructor of
MCFast -- the constructor already reads the resolution tables.  :-(
The argument to the MCFast constructor
(MCFast.noBeamSpotConstraint/MCFast.withBeamSpotConstraint) is optional.

We should probably make "S2" or "L2" default ...

As with lcd.jar 1.3 the resolution tables will be updated to account for
Bruce Schumm's bug fix, which he doesn't expect to show a large effect.

I hope this helps.  Let me know, if there are more questions. ( I have
recently worked with this code and included the full covariance matrix for
track smearing into the existing structure.)

w.w.