Hi Tony et al,

I kept finding unknown IDs in the event generator events I use
(Pandora_Pythia), so I started to update
DefaultParticlePropertyProvider.java, as Maha and I did once before.
I realised that doing it by hand was not very smart, but I didn't want
to tackle learning XML to fulfil the wish expressed in the .java file.
So instead, I have written a FORTRAN program into which one pastes the
Block Data section of PYTHIA (I got the latest release) and it outputs
the PART entries of DefaultParticlePropertyProvider. According to the
manual, all except a few "rare" particles follow the PDG ID convention.

In the DefaultParticlePropertyProvider.java there are INTERACT entries
related to forces. I couldn't figure out the intended use and whether
their placement with respect to the PART entries was relevant.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Has the XML version (to read the PDG web info directly) been written?

2. Should I provide a PYTHIA derived DefaultParticlePropertyProvider or
a new ParticlePropertyProvider? If so where and how?
3. What should I do with the INTERACT lines?

Bob

--
Robert J. Wilson
Professor of Physics