Hi all,

 I performed a comparison ibu vs cpf looking at mes plot mode by mode.

 I started with the tags used by Urs for the mc-data production (see
IslBrecoilUser/tags-112101). In ran just one reduced superblock1
collection for the D* (~2fb-1). The statisics is low but the results seem
to be compatible. The only relevant difference is in the B mode 38-39 (B
-> D 2k pi in K* window). There was a bug in the code for this mode. Now it is
fixed by Riccardo in the new tags of CompositionTools (rf-121701).

 I repeated the study with the new tags (IslBrecoilUser/tags-122101). We
have to add some new tags to make things working fine in analysis-12a. You
have to take the tags in

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/CP/beta/doc/postCP/tags-anal12

 I ran on two colletions (one of superblock1 and one of superblock2).
Again the results are very compatible. Just problems in some modes with
low yields:

 - mode 53 seems to be gone
 - some disagreement in mode with high multiplicity and with many kaons
   (19-20-35-45)

 No other evident bugs were found. More studies should be needed but since
these modes are not crucial we can post-pone them.

 Then the CONCLUSIONS are:

 - good agreement but I need to run on the full sample of reduced
   collections to say more.
 - no lack of yield in the main modes
 - Dpi mode is fine.
 - We have to move to the new tags with bug fixes for the new production

 - I don't understand numbers presented by Urs in

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/InclusiveSL/islreco
il/modes/mesallevents-0-1.eps

 All D*pi have a lack of ~25% in yields. In my study I did not see any
problem in this mode.
 I tried to look at the production root files for the D* and I noticed
something strange. For instance in:

/nfs/farm/babar/AWG/ISL/recoil/root/breco-112101/data/
dstar_092701_superblock1_2000_b2-s3_aa.root

I see ~630 events (originally the collection had 2000 events) and the run
range is 15300-15600. Runnning on the same collection I got ~1750 events
with a run range of 15300-16400. Something is wrong here and could explain
the difference in yield that we are observing. Urs, may you run on this
collection and check. Thanks,

 Daniele