Dear Colleagues,

We would like to announce that the new version (V3.5) of simulation and
analysis tools for Linear Collider studies based on ROOT (LCDROOT)
is now available.

Please see details in the LCDROOT home page

  http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/New/Docs/LCD_Root/root.htm

The full-source tar.gzip file can be obtained from
    /afs/slac.stanford.edu/public/groups/lcd/RootApps/V3.5/LCDRootApps_v3.5.source.tar.gz
or from FTP
    ftp://ftp.slac.stanford.edu/groups/lcd/RootApps/V3.5/LCDRootApps_v3.5.source.tar.gz

We have checked the new LCDROOT works on
   Linux for Redhat 7.2 with gcc2.96,
   Sun Solaris 5.8 with CC5.2, and
   WindowsNT with VC++6.0.

For this version of LCDROOT, we have not made binary files for various
platforms yet. These files will be ready in the near future.

The main new features are
  1 GEANT4
    GEANT4 is current de facto standard full simulation code in
    the HEP community. This is the first public version of LCDROOT
    which includes GEANT4 full detector simulation. In this simulation,
    the detector geometries are given in XML file format and
    output data format is root.
  2 Pandora (V2.2) and Pandora_Pythia (V3.2)
    Call these versions of Pandora and Pandora_Pythia.
  3 Change Clustering algorithm (Modified Cheater)
    In this clustering method,
     1) Form a cluster by gathering all CAL hits
        from the same particle (Cheater algorithm)
     2) To take care of the scattered particles, split the
        CAL hits group(s) if these are far from the original particle.
  4 Several bugs are fixed.

The class definitions are listed in the Web page

  http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/New/Docs/LCD_Root/rootHtml3.5/html/ClassIndex.html

For this version LCDROOT, we should use Root version 3.01/06 or 3.02.07.

Please feel free to ask questions & comments to
    Toshi Abe      : [log in to unmask]    and/or
    Masako Iwasaki : [log in to unmask]

- Toshi & Masako