Hello Daniele, et al.
concerning your presentation last Monday, I have the following comments:
 1.  in additional to the error on Vub (statistical and/or systematic) I would like
    to see the number of signal and background events for various cuts,
    even a signal and background miss. mass distribution for the samples
    would be informative, so we understand at the fundamental level the
    optimization you are trying to do,
 2.  the effect of the inefficiency of the kaon veto can be studies in data and then
    compared to MC, for instance
      - rather than searching for KL which is probably very difficult if not hopeless,
        we can use data, find K+- and KS, then ignore them, and look at the effect of
        losing them.  We can uses MC to estimate the inefficiency of the veto loss,
        and data to study to get the momentum distributions and the impact of these
        veto losses on the Mx distribution.
        So we can learn from the Kaon enriched sample the effect of leakage into the
        kaon vetoed sample.
      - we could get the KL energy deposition in the EMC from the Phi control sample,
        as a function of the KL energy.

Ciao
Vera

 Vera G. Luth                      phone: 650 926 2702
 SLAC-MS 95 		           fax:   650 926 2657
 Stanford, CA 94309
 USA           		           e-mail: [log in to unmask]