In order to estimate the low Mx shape of Vcb background with KL, I
produced the following plots:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~denardo/mxplots/klmasslepton.ps
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~denardo/mxplots/kstruemasslep.ps

They both are from true Vcb events.
The first plot is the MX distribution for events with at least a true KL.
The second plot is again the MX distribution  after subtraction of a
reconstructed Ks. If more than one Ks is reco'ed, the one with the
smallest delta m is chosen.

For both the distribution no selection cut is applied, apart requiring a
lepton in the fiducial acceptance.

I naively expected to find similar distributions. Instead, the Ks looks
too much distorted towards small values of MX.

Tomorrow I will change the code to add all the selected Ks (one by one) to
the distribution, but I expect that this will only add few more entries
but it will not change the shape.
Someone has any idea on why the MX ks-subtracted distribution should look
so different  from KL events Mx one? (I can't exclude a bug in my code).

Tomorrow I will investigate further.

Guglielmo