Dear members of the Linear Collider community,
  The January 5-7 LC meeting in Chicago has sparked interest among the
university community in investigating how groups not currently involved
might contribute to the LC detector and/or accelerator R&D effort. To
that end a one day kick-off meeting, specifically but not exclusively
targeted at groups traditionally Fermilab-centric in their research program,
has been planned for April 5 at Fermilab.
 Please visit their website and consider attending.
Norman Graf

P.S. Here is the original notice. Apologies if your are receiving this again.

The recent HEPAP Subpanel has endorsed the Linear Collider as the next
major initiative in our field. Realizing this facility will require the
energy and engagement of a large portion of the High Energy Physics
community. In spite of the size of the project, many of the unresolved
technical challenges in designing the accelerator and detector are ideally
suited for attack by university groups. These research and development
issues can be a framework for building focused, funded collaborations
between universities and labs, with the goal of making the Linear
Collider a reality.

To this end, we invite you to attend a one-day workshop "Research and
Development Opportunities for the Linear Collider," to be held at Fermilab
on Friday April 5th.

The meeting will be mostly plenary talks intended to illustrate the
current R&D issues with the machine and detector, to describe work
already underway, and, most importantly, to present descriptions
of the large number of technical problems which are particularly well
suited to the size and resources of university groups. Some of these
may even suggest interdisciplinary possibilities with our colleagues in
other fields of physics.

We expect that this will be the first in a series of meetings aimed at
promoting broad understanding of the interesting design questions and
sorting out which of them would be of interest to our home groups. We
have reserved time for group discussion on the sequence of future
workshops, as well as on organization/funding models, such as
university-lab consortia.

Registration is free. For more information on program, local contacts,
and sign-up see

http://fms.physics.uiuc.edu/conferences/linearcollider/

This'll be great-- let's figure out how to get together and build this
thing! See you there,

Dan Amidei and George Gollin, for the Organizing Committee