Thanks Daniele for the clarification.
I never thought that we could use the data directly for the subtraction,
since the total number of missed K0 is always larger than the detected Ks.
The idea was to use the MC to do the subtraction, but to do a careful
comparison between data and MC to ascertain that the MC describes the data
correctly.
For this and other checks we should have four subsamples:
   1) Mx < Mxcut and b--> u enhanced  signal Mu
   2) Mx < Mxcut and b--> c enhanced
   3) Mx > Mxcut and b--> u enhanced
   4) Mx > Mxcut and b--> c enhanced
We need to compare the data to the B --> c MC samples, for instance the observed kaon spectra. If they agree, then we can hope to use these sample to
see how the inefficiency in the kaon detection impacts the Mx distribution overall,
and specifically at low Mx.  The more of the b--> c background we can understand,
both in shape and normalization, the more we can trust this subtraction, and thereby reduce the systematic uncertainty in the subtraction.  For instance, does this subtraction work for the b--> c enhanced sample, i.e. zero events when we subtract the MC from the data?

I would also like to see the lepton spectra and charge multiplicity for the
four subsamples, and see what we get after we perform the subtraction from the observed momentum spectrum, based on the same bg normalization as for Mx. We know that unlike the hadron mass spectrum, the lepton spectrum should be smooth!

There is quite a bit more to learn, but we now have the data and MC to check all this,
I need to study your presentation from today a little more, before I can comment,
Ciao
Vera