I've made another check on residuals trying to decouple the 'core'
contributions (events with only charged tracks or gammas from piz) and the
'tail' ones (other events).

I've ran over brecovubmix for b0's.

Those are three intresting plots:
a) residuals for events with only charged tracks or gammas from piz

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/se_10_9.eps

b) residuals for events with only charged tracks or two neutrals
reconstructed (no matter were do they come)

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/se_6_9.eps

c) residuals for events with at least one gamma reconstructed but with
n(gamma) != 2 [it is the negation of point b]

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/sd_6_9.eps

There are also the usual plots for mean and sigma of the core and tail
gaussian fit to the residuals:

b conditions) http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/se_9.eps

c conditions) http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/sd_9.eps

Few comments comparing:
AA) http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/se_9.eps
BB) http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/neu_stu/sd_9.eps

we see that:
1) the resolution of the core gaussian in AA is much better than that in
BB
2) the bias in the mean of the core gaussian is much more stable and
little in AA than in BB

Given that in the BAD we show a plot with the different contributions to
the residual distribution do you think that this information is redundant
, or it is needed in the BAD?

Any comment or question is welcomed.
Alessio

Alessio Sarti
 Universita' & I.N.F.N. Ferrara
 tel  +39-0532-781928  Ferrara

"Quod non fecerunt barbari, fecerunt Berlusconi"

"Che il bianco sia bianco, e che il nero sia nero
 che uno e uno fanno due e che la scienza dice il vero....
 DIPENDE !"