Hi all,
I've managed to switch to an automatic way of calculating systematics. In
this way the only thing that I have to do is to submit a lot of jobs and
wait that they ends.
But in a relevant fraction of cases (1 over 2) the job is crashing
misteriously:

  *        W E L C O M E  to  R O O T       *
  *   Version   3.01/06      23 July 2001   *
  *  You are welcome to visit our Web site  *
  *          http://root.cern.ch            *

Compiled with thread support.

CINT/ROOT C/C++ Interpreter version 5.15.07, July 7 2001
Type ? for help. Commands must be C++ statements.
Enclose multiple statements between { }.

Processing sys/prova.C...
Error in <TFile::TFile>: file outp3/cocktail.root does not exist
Error in <TFile::TFile>: file outp3/cocktail_bo.root does not exist

 *** Break *** segmentation violation
Function prova() busy flag cleared
Function procEv() busy flag cleared
Function main() busy flag cleared

Sender: LSF System <lsf@barb0498>
Subject: Job 489227: <root -b -q sys/prova.C> Done

Job <root -b -q sys/prova.C> was submitted from host <noric02> by user
<asarti>.
Job was executed on host(s) <barb0498>, in queue <long>, as user <asarti>.
</u/ec/asarti> was used as the home directory.
</u/ec/asarti/analysis-12a/IslBrecoilUser> was used as the working
directory.
Started at Tue May 28 07:23:35 2002
Results reported at Tue May 28 07:23:38 2002

Your job looked like:

# LSBATCH: User input
root -b -q sys/prova.C

Successfully completed.

Resource usage summary:

    CPU time   :      0.65 sec.
    Max Memory :         1 MB
    Max Swap   :         3 MB

    Max Processes  :         1

The output (if any) is above this job summary.

This is happening also for the fit.

There is no explanation to me. If I try to run my macros and the fit
interactively there is no problem (of course), but if i switch to batch
processing there is no hope to have all jobs running and ending well.

All the jobs are crashing with no other explanation than that one given
above..

Does anyone has observed this behavior before?
There is any hint about how it is possible to solve this frustrating
problem?

Cheers,
Alessio

Alessio Sarti
 Universita' & I.N.F.N. Ferrara
 tel  +39-0532-781928  Ferrara
roma  +39-06-49914338
SLAC +001-650-926-2972

"Vorrei tanto sapere chi e' che va in giro a costruire quadrati
sull'ipotenusa"