  the D*ln sample with partially reconstructed D* should fit for this
 kind of study (it has by definition no D mass constraint). The yield
 is approximately  1 evt / 200 B0 with the tight cuts I used for lifetime
analysis,
 leading to a potential sample of several hundred events: however if one B is
already reconstructed, cuts can be relaxed (much less combinatorics), further
increasing the
 overall yield. I presume that these events could be tagged at rootple level
 without need of going back to beta.
 Cheers
        Franco