Dear Friends,

              As many of you just heard from the Desy official press
release circulated by Frau Nagel, the German Science Council published
a very positive evaluation of the Tesla project yesterday.

              Since Frau Nagel's email list isn't identical to our
European LC list, I am forwarding the two attacments of her mail to you
of our  Ecfa/Desy list.  Apologies to some of you who get this information
twice.

       As many of you already learned via the American LC list
(email by Norman Graf), the information already leaked out this weekend
after the Wissenschaftsrat meeting on Friday, and can be seen at

http://de.news.yahoo.com/020712/3/2usir.html
http://www2.abendblatt.de/daten/2002/07/13/46502.html

        Again apologies if you get this info twice...

              Best wishes,
                              Ron