In the MC generic I see very similar behaviours than in data.
I think we should:

 1) compute the correct uncerrelated error. Luigi committed his code to
do it.

 2) understand the "crazy" points. This fit instability could affect all
the comparisons!

 Another very nice thing I am noticing is the P* spectrum on the cocktail
and generic MC. As Urs poined out, the dependency is similar to the one on
data. Both onthe generic and on the cocktail we have a not negligible
fraction of pure resonant MC in. That depletion around 1.5 GeV can reflect
this.

 BTW, is it possible to repeate the scan on the generic MC with half of
the statistics (in order to have the same stat error we have on data)?

 Daniele