Hoi,

another round  of validation  jobs is running  (and if only  my bfobjy
jobs started as well, we'd also get a few data jobs in addition to the
cocktail).  The following summarizes my work on the sequences.

1. The instructions on the web are up to date and if you start with

      IslBrecoilUser ursl-080602bis

   you'll get a working setup.  This is based on the tags in
   IBU/tags-080102:

     BetaCoreTools rf-080102
     BetaMicro yumiceva-03June02
     BetaMicroTruth V00-00-06-01
     BetaPid V00-01-42-01
     BetaSequences V00-10-09-01
     BetaTools V00-10-27-08
     BtaMicroSequences V00-01-03-02
     CompositionSequences  rf-072602
     CompositionTools  rf-072602
     CompositionUtils rf-071702b
     DstarlnuUser rf-070102
     ISLUser tb040902
     workdir V00-04-08

   This  include Ric's  fixes, Jane's  additions (for  GHit  assoc and
   beamspot fixes in SP4), and Francisco's PidKilling.

2. BetaKanga  has a bad  influence on  Bdb jobs,  it 'screws'  the Pid
   environment  to be  instantiated with  the  Roo version.  We had  a
   default setting of BetaKanga in bin_IslBrecoilUser.mk.

3. The new PidKilling  does not work if the link  to the location with
   all PidTables  has a name different from  'pidtables'. This implies
   that the  old setup where  'run' automatically sets  an environment
   variable and  islNew.tcl selects the  correct PIDmaps-xxxx.txt file
   no  longer  works. Instead  you  now  have  to create  THE  symlink
   pidtables and  then run  MC jobs that  belong ONLY to  that period.
   According to Francisco, the change would be non-trivial. I have not
   checked.   There  is a  printout  in  the  logfile which  PidTables
   directory was used, so we can check after running, that 2002 MC was
   actually using the PidTables for 2002.

4. The recommended BtaMicroSequences V00-01-03-02  is a tag that works
   only for MC. Hence there is a patch in IBU/IbuIsl.tcl to remove the
   offending modules from BetaLoadMicroSequence when running on data.

The output  has started to  appear in ~ursl/d/{log|output}/sx-080602/.
Please have  a look.  Don't yet  start another round  of production, I
suggest we first look at the test ntuples.

Cheers,
--U.