 looking again at the mm2 plot for the enriched sample I find an
interesting region that can be used to understand. Look at the plot from
Urs (phot#6) for mm2 after all cuts:

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/092002/anaQA-a02/bmc-a-a3070.eps

 There is a clear eccess <-1 GeV2 in the MC.

 left slope of mm2 is similar between enriched and depleted for data and
it is completely different for MC. I don't see any reason why we should
have more events in the left side of mm2 for the enriched sample. If your
are loosing particles (and this is the case for the enriched sample) you
should have less events for mm2<-1GeV2. MC shows exactly the opposite
behaviour.

 You could say ...ok they are the signal events... but signal have just
few events <-1Gev2 as shown in the plot

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~daniele/vub/mm2comp.ps

(and the signal is only the 10% of the total).

Then it could be interesting to check the nature of those events
(<1GeV2) in the generic MC

 Daniele