Hi all,
those are few words in order to summarize the last days works.

Production:
recovered 600pb-1; Tot lumi available 80.3 fb-1, missing 1.6fb-1(to be
investigated), duplicated runs (due tu recovey made twice) have been
almost canceled (we still have 3 runs marked as duplicates but it was not
easy to understand were are  they coming from :(...).

Mx study:

-->Breakdown:
refer to page
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/sys

"I do  not want you to go through all the plots and links" (most cited
sentence in the past 3 weeks in vub-breco analysis group) so just few
comments:
1) Now, I think, we have all the possible information about B semileptonic
decays and D decays. The problem is: how are we going to use that
information? After a brief discussion with Urs (thanks Urs) I've realized
that all this knowledge still needs to be finalized ...
I do NOT think that we're going to gain much implementing this breakdown
in the fit of our depleted sample when we're running VubFit (add more
categorizations of bakground on MC..)

2) A small comment about the most intresting plots.... Seems that even in
the case when we have a long tail in lkow Mx region (see for example
semileptonic B in D*) the cut on Mnu helps a lot. We can even tight this
cut in order to higly suppress those tails and reduce the impact of those
modes in our analysis but this of course needs to be seen in detail when
we redo the optimization of cut looking at statistical error on Vub.....

--> B0 and B+ eff.

Take a look in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/mx_stu

I've produced eff. plots (data generic and data cocktail) for allB,
B0 and B+.....

I've started with the intention to look at two different effects:
a) Mes fits in high mxhadfit region (they really have something screwed
upo)
b) improving agreement btw them by cutting on integrated purity/lepton
momentum
c) looking at the improvement with riccardo's proposal about photon cut

I really apologize but a big problem in comparison code has bolcked me in
the last two days (and han not yet been solved).
Something is screwed up in the code I'm using to make the plots for the
various comparisons (thecomaprison.C). I've looked into it (with Urs's
help: thanks again) and we found some possible problems that still we need
to understood (there's also a bug in the chisquare calculation that needs
to be fixed).

What I was able to do (mes plots.... and not much more) is in the web
page.

CU tomorrow at the meeting,
Alessio

Alessio Sarti     Universita' & I.N.F.N. Ferrara
 tel  +39-0532-781928  Ferrara
roma  +39-06-49914338
SLAC +001-650-926-2972