Dear collegue,

as you know we have been maintaining within the LC workshop a system of
so-called linear collider notes, stored on the WEB under
http://www.desy.de/~lcnotes. In preparation for the end of the extended
ECFA/DESY workshop where many notes are again expected to
summarise the work done during the workshop the system to receive, review and
store theses notes has been overhauled.

The new WEB adress of lcnotes is http://www-flc.desy.de/lcnotes, which will
be linked from the old page http://www.desy.de/~lcnotes.
The submission and the review process for notes has been significantly
automated. Your note will be automatically received, you will receive a mail
acknowledging receipt, and the note will be forwarded for review to the
reviewer defined for the specific working group to which you submitted your
note. Hopefully this should speed up the turn-around time for new notes, make
the procedure more transparent and - for us running the server - reduce the
work load in dealing with new notes.

We will enable the new system in the next few days. The changeover should be
transparent to you as a user. However should there be problems please bear
with us as we try to sort things out as quickly as possible (and as with
every new system I guess it would be foolish not to expect any problems...).

For questions or comments please send e-mail to [log in to unmask], or to
myself ([log in to unmask]).

Last but not least I like to express my thanks to Philip Bechtle, who did the
development and coding of the new lcnotes server system.

Best regards,

          Ties Behnke

--
Ties Behnke