Hi all,

 I studied a bit more in detail the problem of the instability
of the result as a function of the hadronic mass cut.

 As you know, our biggest systematics is the theoretical one
and it is very dependent on the Mx cut itself.
 This implies that it can introduce a slope in the Mx scan.

 I tried to reweight the MC model shifting the theoretical parameters
mb and a in order to check the impact on this scan. The hope
is that the scan is just telling us that mb and a are not the ones
in the MC model.

 In

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~daniele/vub/theoscan.html

 you find the scans in many configurations.

 The first five tables show the data for the following configurations:

 - default
 - mb = 4.65 (-0.15) , a = 1.290 (default)
 - mb = 4.95 (+0.15) , a = 1.290 (default)
 - mb = 4.60 (-0.20) , a = 1.290 (default)
 - mb = 4.80 (default) , a = 3.1 (+2.31)
 - mb = 4.80 (default) , a = 0.91 (-0;19)

 As you can notice, moving mb down and a up, fixs part of the discrepancy
at low Mx low values.

 As a crosscheck, I verified the impact on the generic MC, that is shown
in the second set of tables.
(in order to reproduce the effect on data, you should imagine to flip the
slopes and the shifts since here I am reweighting the model not the
fitted sample)

 My comments:

 1) moving the theoretical paramenters (down mb and up a, but in
particular a) recovers part of the problem at low Mx.

 2) generic MC is able to reproduce the effect at low Mx.

 3) generic MC shows that the B0s are more sensitive to this systematics.
Probably this is due to the slightly better S/B??

 4) our measurement is so clean and we have so many events that we are
sensitive to these theoretical parameters. We can start thinking about
fitting a and mb.

 5) I am a bit less worried about this slope now

 Daniele