Dear Colleagues,  We are planning a workshop on vertex detector
and intermediate tracker R&D on January 8, 2003 - the day prior
to the start of the ALCPG meeting in Arlington, Texas.  This will be
an afternoon - early evening meeting with phone connections to
Europe and Japan.  The goal is to share progress reports on R&D
with our international colleagues.  The meeting is being organized
by Chris Damerell, Akiya Miyamoto and Natalie Roe.
    To help us with the planning on the US side, please contact me
to let me know if you will be attending the meeting in Arlington, so
that we can have adequate facilities.  Also, please let me know if
you would like to give a presentation.   thanks,  Natalie Roe