Hoi,

in

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/121602

you  can find  a table  with  BRBR's and  links to  scans for  various
alternative cut scenarios.  Note: in  the scans I show the full errors
(on  the left) and  the quadratic  difference to  the default  (on the
right).  Nothing fancy, I  am only  trying to  observe trends,  not to
minizime the #sigma.

Observations:

 o Applying a lower cut on  mm2 cures some of the low-mX behavior. The
   B+ are perfect afterwards (one might argue that they are not in the
   default, though they are obviously  quite good already). The B0 are
   corrected into the right direction, but not enough.

 o Requiring a lower cut on mm2 *always* lowers BRBR (I played this
   game only for the loosened upper cut at mm2 < 1.0).

 o Loosening the mm2 cut to be mm2 < 1.0 drives BRBR(B+) down

 o Fitting without depletion slightly increases the error, but does
   not change much else.

 o Q1 drives all BRBR up, most notably with mm2 < 0.5. Once a cut of
   -1 < mm2 < 1 is applied, the situation is stable.

 o The best stability for B0 (and B+) is for
     fit-22:   -1.0 < mm2 < 1.0 .and. -1 <= qtot <= 1
     fit-32:   no depl .and. mm2 < 1.0 .and. -1 <= qtot <= 1
   The latter has a quite remarkable consistency between B0 and B+.

So  this is  a  third way  (after  smearing and  a  variation) how  to
systematically alter the mX scan behavior.

Cheers,
--U.