Hi Ric,

 the dependency as a function of mm2 is striking. I would say that the
excess is present only for mm2<0.

 I added two bins mm2<-0.5 and -0.5<mm2<0. and I produced the data-mc
comparison only for the "bad" multiplicity category (nchg=1, nneu>0).

 Here you find the plot for the B0:

 -0.5<mm2<0 (nchg=1, nneu>0)

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~daniele/vub/testmm2gt-05B0/comparisonnorm5mxhadfitallcuts.ps.gz

 mm2<-0.5 (nchg=1, nneu>0)

 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~daniele/vub/testmm2lt-05B0/comparisonnorm5mxhadfitallcuts.ps.gz

 This last plot shows how a peak at 1.5-1.6 GeV is present on data while
no event is expected on MC.

 Since the excess seems to be a reflection of the D peak I investigated
the possibility that it could be due to an abundance of low mom kaons on
MC and to the cut on kaon momentum (pK>.3 GeV)

 I tried to remove the cut. No significant improvement was obtained.

 Daniele