Daniele and I have been trying out the proposal from Franz (
http://babar-hn.slac.stanford.edu:5090/HyperNews/get/pubboard54/26/1/1.html
) to discriminate B0->D*lnu events with the same variable used in the
partial reco analysises (see for istance BAD #287).

This variable (called prmm2 in the following and peaked at 0 for D*lnu
events ) seems to be quite powerful: the comparison between Vub and Vcb
events on B0 is shown in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7wdeltamallcuts-sig.ps
(histo == Vcb)
The corresponding plots for charged Bs show that the signal at 0 is
genuine:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7wdeltamallcuts-sigbch.ps

The data-MC agreement on B0, shown in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7wdeltamallcuts.ps
,is quite good,

The effect of a cut at prmm2<-2. GeV^2 on the Mx scan for B0 events (the
cut would be applied only to them) is shown in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/prmm2effect.eps
(open dots after the cut, full dots, before).
The effect of the cut is clearly beneficial, the slope being reduced ~40%.
It is amazing that our analysis is sitting in the only stable point.

Daniele is performing the scan of this variable and the optimization. The
final cut is more likely to be ~4GeV^2

	ciao
	ric