>  I then looked at a possible bias of the b-reconstruction
> and I actually found a strong dependence of the mean value of mxhadgen
> with the purity of the mode:
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/theo/mxgenpur.eps
> (note that at generator level <mxhad>=1.45). This means that the mes
> sidebands are dominated by high mx states, which makes sense because of
> combinatorics.

this was known (combinatorics depends on multiplicity of the recoil)
In calculating weights alessio is doing sideband subtraction and then we
should be ok.

> 1) when looking at the generator level mx we need to make sideband
> subtraction (this might have been obvious to you, but not to me ...)
> Does anybody have a sideband sub distribution of mxhadgen before any cut
> so that I can test the generator?

I don't have it available. You should redo by yourself. Otherwise
use cocktail, MC put a hard cut on the purity and cut on mes>5.27. This
should be a reasonable compromise.

> 2) are we computing the weights on the sideband subtracted or the raw
> events? Are we scaling to the #of generic with or without sideband
> subtraction? I would like to double check the logic of this process
> because it can be delicate ...

see above. alessio's code in committed in CVS (in VubAnalysis). you can
look at it, if you like. In principle he should be doing right.

Daniele