Hi all,
Ive performed the new checks on KL that were discussed in the last
meeting.
1) I've added in anaRecoil two histograms filled by default.
They contain the information on the energy of TRUE KL.
Here's the result for  generic B0 2000:
(as it comes... next time I'll promise to use log scale)
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/devel/KLstu/energyKL.eps
(with a cut on energy = 0)
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/devel/KLstu/energyKLnz.eps

2) Study of true and fake Klongs:
Here are the results..

This is (just for 2002 generic MC SP4 B0) energy of all Klongs selected
with the makimum likelihood method with, superimposed, the same spectrum
JUST for true Klongs. Discrepancies are not large (are expected?).
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~asarti/recoil/devel/KLstu/all_vs_true-KL.eps

The data-MC comparisons are coming separately for true and fake Klongs....
I needed to rerun the generic in order to have the index of Klongs
available and jobs are still running: tomorrow I'll post the plots. I do
not know if Urs want to start the reprocessing with the smearing in the
meanwhile.....

3) Urs(all)I'm proposing to add in anaQa the following:

    //Correction applied to True Klongs.
    if( idGam[i] == 130 ){
      energyGam[i] *= (0.274351/0.225545);
    }

in the loop that makes the four momentum of neutral particles.
That should be added before ANY use of energyGam[i] variable.
Let me know if you want me to commit that piece of code in recoilNtp.cc in
such a way that Urs has a clear example of what I'm proposing before
translating it to anaQa.

Let me know if there's anything still missing on my plate before the sys
evaluation...

ciao,
alessio

Alessio Sarti     Universita' & I.N.F.N. Ferrara

>>>I'm in Ferrara<<<

 tel  +39-0532-974328  Ferrara
roma  +39-06-49914338
SLAC +001-650-926-2972

"... e a un Dio 'fatti il culo' non credere mai..."
(F. De Andre')

"He was turning over in his mind an intresting new concept in
Thau-dimensional physics which unified time, space, magnetism, gravity
and, for some reason, broccoli".  (T. Pratchett: "Pyramids")