Dear Colleagues,
 With the recent passage of the omnibus spending bill and the expectation that some number of the university detector R&D projects will be funded by DOE and NSF, we expect that new groups will be joining the linear collider simulation effort. In addition, there have been some recent advances in the simulation tools of which we would like to inform the community. We are, therefore, planning a small workshop at SLAC devoted to presentations, tutorials and working meetings related to simulation efforts. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested in participating by filling in the form at:

http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/lcsimworkshop/

Any other suggestions or comments which could help us in the planning phase would be appreciated.

We are currently targeting May 19-22, with the following tentative topics:

GEANT4 -- New/improved simulation tools for linear collider physics
JAS3 and hep.lcd -- The next major release of Java based linear collider analysis tools.
LCDROOT -- Root based tools for LCD data analysis
WIRED -- A general purpose event display customized
AIDA -- Abstract Interfaces for Data Analysis -- a new HEP histograming/analysis standard)
LCIO -- A new international standard for linear collider IO

Full Reconstruction
Energy Flow algorithms
Detector models

Norman Graf ([log in to unmask])