Thanks to those who replied. Someone suggested I use Jas to do my
analysis, which is fine by me. However, in trying to keep things as
current as possible I am simulating my events with geant4 using a
stripped down version of lcdroot named lcdg4 ( from Robert McIntosh at
NIU ). When I try to analyze the resulting sio file I get an error
message along the lines of:

hep.lcd.util.event.EventException: Key TrackerHits not found in
EventHeader
        at hep.lcd.io.jas.sio.LCDGismoEvent.get(LCDGismoEvent.java:27)
        at
hep.lcd.util.event.AbstractLCDEvent.getTrackerHits(AbstractLCDEvent.java:17)

I was assumming there was an inconsistency between the output from gismo
vs. that of geant4, but perhaps it is something else?

-Brandon

--
Brandon Drummond <[log in to unmask]>
UTD-High Energy Physics