Hello folks,
concerning the comments on the PRL draft from MarieHelene and Franz
(appended at the end of the mail),
I would suggest to accept the first two ones as they are.
As far as the comment on the theoretical error, I would truncate the
sentence as he suggests, but put no reference. It is after all a general
statement on the analysis.
I would move the footnote on the duality at the end of the second
paragraph where the theoretical uncertainties are mentioned.

I also tried to fix the D(*), D(**) problem by expliciting all the cases
(and some gymnastic to keep the same length):
"
 The simulation of the $\Bxclnu$ background uses
  a parametrization of HQET formfactors for $\Bb\to
 D^{*}\ell\nub$~\cite{ref:duboscq}, and models  for $\Bb\to
 D \pi \ell\nub$ and $ D^* \pi \ell\nub$~\cite{ref:goityroberts},  $\Bb\to D
 \ell\nub$ and $ D^{**}\ell\nub$~\cite{ref:isgwtwo}.
"

You can find the new version in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/prl/prl_paper.ps

comments are welcome
	Ric

------------------------------- mail from Franz
I have talked to Marie-Helene.
She was one small comment.

on page 4 the sentence close to the bottom of the last column which reads
" The motion of the b quark inside the B meson is implemented ....function
parametrization in [9]"
would sounds more familiar to me if it was :
" The motion of the b quark inside the B meson is implemented ....function
parametrization from[9]"

I had a careful read last night and have 2 small comments.
- Reference 2 now only comes after reference 12 in the paper. So please
  reorder.
- I don't like the last half sentence of the first paragraph
  " .. and leads to complications in the theoretical description [3]"
  This is too negative. You refer to parton-hadron duality in the
  reference. This makes it look as if duality is likely to invalidate the
  approach, and I claim this is overstating the issue.
  I propose to stop after "... large extrapolation", and refer to
  references 4 (Mx) 8 (defazio) and 3(duality).

I have not heard from Stephane. If I don't hear from him by tonite, and as
soon as you have given an answer to how you treat the the short comments
above, I will send a message to the pub board.

Cheers

	Franz