Hello,
	Thanks for the reply Tony. It seems I have to name the LCDWriter class
explicitly in my import:

import hep.lcd.io.sio.lcd.LCDWriter;

Then the class is found. The io exception was being thrown because I was
trying to write out events generated with GEANT4 instead of Gismo. I
switched over to some Gismo events and the io exception went away.
However, nothing is being written out to the file. Everything seems to
run fine, but the output file never changes size after creation. And
when I try to open the file to view the events jas reports "souce was
exhausted after 0 records supplied". So I have two questions:

1. Why are the events not being written out?
2. Is there a way I could alter the LCDWriter class to write out the
GEANT4 events?

-Brandon