Dear Colleagues,

    We plan to resume the series of LC Seminar webcasts
on November 6.  The first seminar will be given by Jonathan Feng,
with support from his co-chair of our new LC Astro/Cosmology
Connections working group Mark Trodden, and the rest of the working
group editorial committee (Marco Battaglia, Norman Graf, and Michael
Peskin).  Please join the webcast next week.  Further details will
soon be available at

      http://blueox.uoregon.edu/~lc/alcpg/webcast/
and
      http://linearcollider.org/meetings/alcpg/2003/1106/index.html

    The webcast will begin at 4 pm EST, 3 pm CST, 2 pm MST, and 1 pm
PST.  The title and abstract follow.

      Best regards,

      Jim Brau and Mark Oreglia

Title:  Working Group on Connections to Astrophysics and Cosmology

Abstract:  The progress in astrophysics and cosmology in recent years
provides many new questions and new motivations for particle physics.  A
working Group of the American Linear Collider Physics Group has been
formed and charged with evaluating the connections of linear collider
physics to astrophysics and cosmology.  We will describe the goals of this
subgroup, the central topics to be explored, and some of the outstanding
questions we seek to answer.  A preliminary organizational plan and
timeline have been developed.  We will present this plan and timeline,
solicit advice and reactions, and answer questions for potential
contributors.

James E. Brau
Physics Department
  and Center for High Energy Physics