Dear Colleagues,
 As announced in the appended communication from Dr. Orbach, (and also described in the AIP FYI http://www.aip.org/enews/fyi/2003/140.html ), Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham will be delivering a major speech at the National Press Club on Monday, November 10, on the future of DOE's Science mission.
It seems questions may be submitted at the National Press Club website:
http://www.press.org/calendar/calendarday.cfm?whatday=10&&whatyear=2003&&whatmonth=11

Enjoy the weekend,
Norman Graf

"Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham will be delivering a major speech at the National Press Club on Monday, November 10, on the future of DOE's Science mission.

In his newsmaker luncheon speech, Secretary Abraham will outline his vision for maintaining the global scientific leadership of the United States.  He will release his prioritized list of the large-scale facilities for the advancement of science over the next two decades across all fields supported by the Department of Energy.

I invite you and other science community leaders to attend Secretary Abraham's speech.

The November 10 National Press Club luncheon will begin at 12:30 p.m. Secretary Abraham will speak at 1:00 p.m. and take questions from the audience afterwards until 2:00 p.m. (His remarks will be broadcast on National Public Radio and C-SPAN.)

For reservations, please phone Pat Nelson at the National Press Club, at 202-662-7501. As she will explain, tickets for National Press Club members and students (with ID) are $16.00.  The general admission price is $35.00. Tables for eight guests may be reserved for $224.00.

The National Press Club is located at 529 14th Street, NW, in Washington, DC.  Its web site address at www.press.org <http://www.press.org/> .

I hope you will join us for what promises to be an important event in the history of U.S. science.

Sincerely,

Raymond L. Orbach

Director, Office of Science

U.S. Department of Energy

www.science.doe.gov <http://www.science.doe.gov/>

P.S.  Thank you for sharing this email with others in your organizations and in the community."