> ok, so most of the difference is due to the extra signal events with
> mes<5.27. Can we apply the same cut (mes>5.27) in the RooFit
> implementation of the fit? Since the tail introduces large part of the
> sistematics it would be nice to cut it out as we did for the prl measurement.

Hi,
I'm not sure that I've understood 100% what you say.
I'm fitting the number of events in the 5.27 -> 5.29 region as VubAnalysis
do. No signal events below 5.27 are considered here.
What you suggest is to fit the argus in the 5.21 -> 5.26 as VubAnalysis
and let the fit do the rest starting from those values or you're saying
something different?

[the extended likelihood fit returns the number of events btw 5.27 and
5.29].

Alessio